You left some stuff out of the Goodwill bag, didn't you? Well, you have a second chance. That waffle iron is pretty cool, but the old one works really well. Somebody out there really wants that item, and it's the day after xmas. Take advantage of it. Post it. Sell it. Pocket the dough for something really important (like a new smartphone, gosh I'm guilty of conspicious consumption this year!)
How to sell on Craigslist:
1) Take a digital photo of the item
2) post it and ask for more than it's worth
3) wait for someone to lowball you
4) graciously accept the offer, on your terms
5) when the buyer flakes, sell it to the next guy who wants it. Never wait more than 5 minutes for a buyer. If they flake on you, they lost the item.
6) feel free to over commit to more than one buyer at a time. First one to show up gets the item. I don't care if it's your best friend who promised to buy it, sell early, sell often and don't wait for slow pokes.