Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kill your TV

Let's keep this one short and simple. Kill your TV. If you're like me, you'll physically drag it to the dumpster (or better yet, to the SMART Station and drop it off as e-waste).

True-ish story. The last thing I watched on live broadcast on my television were the tragic events of September 11th, 2001. My TV was on the fritz anyway, so it ended up dumped soon there after. Yes, don't kill the messenger, I know, but the messenger was hobbling and needed to be put out of my misery.

The time I spend not watching television is amply made up with reading books, writing books, writing blog posts, reading blog posts, and watching Hulu and Youtube.

We still have our Netflix account, and at < $10 a month, it's much cheaper than cable or any of the television packages available. AND I only pay for the shows I want to watch.

My library card is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment